Rice Cooker Recipe: Vegetable Biryani
Vegetable Biryani Recipe is very easy and quick to make. It is a perfect combination of rice, vegetables and spice that can just make your day. You just need 30 minutes to get the delicious aroma rice biryani prepared.
- One cup of rice in the measuring cup or as per your requirement.
- Two tablespoons of ghee or clarified butter.
- One cup of chopped spinach -frozen spinach or you can use fresh spinach.
- A quarter cup of chopped yellow onion.
- One teaspoon of minced garlic.
- One teaspoon of minced ginger.
- One medium carrot cut into small pieces.
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- One and a half cups of water or about 360 million liters
- One teaspoon of salt.
- Heat up the rice cooker and pour in 2 tablespoons of ghee add a half a teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Stir and cook for about a minute until you can smell them.
- Add the chopped onion ginger and garlic.
- Saute this for a few minutes until they’re soft.
- To make it spicier, add one green chilly chopped fine add a half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Saute for about 30 seconds until the rawness of the turmeric is gone.
- Add the carrots, spinach, 1 TSP of salt and stir this.
- Cover and cook for about three minutes.
- After three minutes remove the cover, add one cup of rice that’s been washed.
- Mix it all well and pour in one and a half cups of water.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
Of course, your rice cover will let you know when it’s ready.
Pro tip for Vegetable Biryani:
- Don’t cut vegetables into very small pieces.
- Add dry fruits like fried cashew to give some extra taste to your biryani.
- Don’t skip to add fried onions into your biryani
This is a delicious combination of vegetables and rice. It takes just a few ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes so you can definitely make this on a weeknight. I really hope you give this dish a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.