Rice Cooker Recipes: Weekend Clam Chowder
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cups cubed fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 16-oz can of chopped clams
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Setting of the rice cooker: Saute
- Melt the butter and in sauté onion, celery, and garlic until onions get brown
- Setting of the rice cooker: Simmer
- Add flour and mix, put the vegetable stock and place bay leaf, thyme and potatoes.
- Close the lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cream and chopped clams with juice
- Cook for around 10 minutes.